After several failed school budget referendums in the early 1990's, many Edgemonters desired a vehicle that could create and finance new and alternative school programs and initiatives. The Edgemont School Foundation is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit charity which was formed in 1993 to ensure and enhance the quality of an Edgemont Education.
Since inception, the Edgemont School Foundation has awarded the Edgemont School District over $2.1 million in grants which have had a significant impact on our school children and help ensure that our school system stays on the cutting edge. Among projects funded by the Foundation are:
- science labs for the Jr/Sr High School
- new sound and lighting system for the Jr/Sr High School
- playground projects at both elementary schools
- the Student Management System
- the National Circus Project
- technology additions throughout the district including wireless internet access, critical infrastructure, and iPad carts
The Foundation also sponsors the Alumni Walkway which honors Edgemont faculty and students.
If you are interested in becoming involved with the Foundation visit our website at www.edgemontschoolfoundation.org or attend one of our meetings (see District Calendar for specific dates).